The network operation center is the IT unit’s command center, providing real-time data and tools to monitor, measure, and provide notifications regarding the performance of the organization’s IT systems – infrastructure, applications, and services.
The role of the network operation center (NOC) is to monitor, measure, operate, analyze, and improve the service provided by the IT department to the organization.
The current trend is to evolve from a classic command and control system focused on infrastructure to a command and control management/business service management (BSM) system that also monitors applications from a business perspective!
Characteristics of the command and control management system:
- Evolves from reactive operations to proactive operations
- Formalizes business KPIs
- Integrates with DevOps processes
- Provides support and infrastructure for realizing process automation and self-service processes
The addition of "management" refers to leveraging of command and control as a decision-making tool and a pro-active service.
- Methoda is highly experienced with network operation management system architecture,
- best practices for work process and customizing them to the organization,
- principles and methods: supporting organizational structuring – roles, responsibilities, courses, and training,
- pros and cons of leading packages and products on the market,
- objective consultation regarding the best tool for his or her needs, and
- training and implementation of command and control management systems.
Methoda’s key command and control services include defining the appropriate monitoring policy based on the IT policy,
- designing a roadmap for command and control management systems,
- analyzing gaps between the existing situation and best practices,
- objectively evaluating alternatives and products,
- end-to-end project guidance and management, including controlling implementation
- assistance with selecting a solution that integrates products and an integrator, preparation of a tender/RFP,
- establishing and optimizing NOC work processes, and
- upgrading and maintaining the existing command and control system, with a focus on processes and licensing aspects.