The testing process is a crucial element in the overall quality designed, among other things, ensure the quality of ICT products and systems, whether the development is performed by a third-party or by the organization
The purpose of the testing process is to verify the authenticity of the products and their suitability requirements and specifications
Target audience: Quality managers, project managers, systems analysts, programmers, and software development professionals.
Workshop duration: 8 hours.
- Introduction – why do we test? Who tests? What do we test?
- The relationship between testing and quality management and verification and validity activities
- What exactly do we test: testing models such as the V model, tests using Agile methodology
- Drill-down into the outputs of the testing phase, testing portfolio structure (testing plan), testing scenario structure, testing summary portfolio
- Types of tests and the responsibility for their execution
- Testing using Agile methodology
- Testing using the traditional method (waterfall and deliverable units)
- Testing scenario planning phase
- Testing process execution phase: cycle management, and testing round, testing summary
- Metrics for the testing phase
- Support tools for manual and automated tests,
- and more!
Additional information: Agile Testing